Tuesday, September 11, 2007

John: Chapter One

Read John Chapter One today and here is what stood out to me:

The last person to join Jesus' enterouge in the chapter was Nathaniel. And when Nathaniel walked up to Jesus, Jesus said to him, "Before Peter spoke with you, I saw you underneath the fig tree."

For some reason this made Nathaniel so excited that he exclamed: "You are the Son of God!"

I don't know if Jesus saw Nathaniel sitting underneath the fig tree in a dream, through the spirit or in real life-- it doesn't matter really. Becuase what is important to me is that God sees me. "His eye is on the sparrow", "We are the apple of His eye", ect.

In the old testament, Haggar-- who was thrown out of Abraham's and Sarah's house-- has an encounter with God and she relalizes that God sees her situation. Probably through tears she says, "You are the God who sees me."

Personally, I am comforted by the fact that God sees me. Even if I don't see anything working for my good just yet. even if I don't see the solution to my problem just yet. I am comforted in the fact that I serve a God who sees me.

No comments: