Thursday, September 13, 2007

John: Chapter Three

While reading the first part of the third chapter of John I had this thought: There is no such thing as a stupid question-- at least to Jesus there isn't. You can ask Him anything. Poor Nicodemus. He just didn't understand what in the world Jesus was talking about. And instead of leaving the garden with all his questions, Nick decided to open his mouth and ask away. Don't we sometimes keep our mouth shut because we don't want to seem dumb or we think our question is stupid? Ask Jesus anything. Ask God anything. He will answer you. Never leave The Spot on Wednesday nights with a question. Ask away. If I or someone else doesn't have the answer, we'll find it for you.

The verse of scripture that jumped out at me in the second part of chapter three was verse 30: He must become greater; I must become less. Shouldn't that be our goal in our journey? To make sure our desires, our wants, our ways of living slowly diminished from sight and everything He is becomes more evident in our lives? That' s my prayer-- God you become greater in my life as I become less.

No comments: